Saturday, September 24, 2005

I won a gold ribbon!


So I decided to enter some layouts at the Latah County Fair in Moscow last week. I was hesitant to enter because usually the judges are all about journaling. Even if it's the simplest layout that didn't take much work- as long as there is journaling on it, they will favor it.

At the County Fair, the layouts are usually given 1st, 2nd or 3rd place ribbons- usually dependent upon the amount of journaling. Then, they will take the top 3 layouts and give them gold, silver or bronze ribbons. I've only seen "Best of Show" ribbons go to scrapbooks, and since I haven't managed to complete a whole scrapbook ( I have tons in progress), I haven't entered any yet.

So anyway, I guess that the judge fell in love w/ the picture and the sunflower shaker box on this particular layout. She did comment that she would have liked to see more journaling :P. But, hey. I was really proud of this layout. I did it the night before the judging. My best work always seems to come out at the last minute.

I also got a few first places and a 2nd place ribbon on the other layouts that I entered. Maybe next year I can go for a Best of Show.

Excuse the bad scanning and stitching job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home